I’ve been part of the Squidoo community since 2009. Until about a year ago I made about $50/month in royalties plus the referrals I got for folks who purchased my curriculum. Recent changes are making me wonder if I can keep up the pace. My royalties have dropped off and the new system that gives “niches” more clout than regular lenses has me worried about my future on Squidoo.
SO, I recently got a hubpages account. I’m curious to see how many hits I get there and if I have any potential for revenue. So far, here are the contrasts and comparisons:
What’s missing from HubPages:
– Where does my traffic come from?
– East of signing up for Revenue – I’m still not “active” and if I can’t get my account activated for revenue, the change will be worthless.
– The personality – Yep, squidoo has a lot more personality!
– Set photos to the left – they can only float right – not cool
– Some way to determine why my hub isn’t at 100 – Squidoo is pretty straight forward
What I really like about Hubpages:
– A created date as well as a Last updated date on the dashboard
– A 10 point 3 category rating system for those inside the community – rate on content, organization and grammar/mechanics
So far, I still recommend Squidoo – You can sign up here: http://www.squidoo.com/lensmaster/referral/rlmodranski